- Posted Date: April 1, 2015
- Open Date (Earliest Submission Date): May 5, 2015
- Letter of Intent Due Date(s): Not Applicable
- Application Due Date(s): Standard dates apply, by 5:00 PM local time of applicant organization. All types of non-AIDS applications allowed for this funding opportunity announcement are due on these dates. Applicants are encouraged to apply early to allow adequate time to make any corrections to errors found in the application during the submission process by the due date.
- AIDS Application Due Date(s): Not Applicable
- Scientific Merit Review: Standard dates apply
- Advisory Council Review: Standard dates apply
- Earliest Start Date: Standard dates apply
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is intended to promote innovative research initiatives that explore high impact, new directions of inquiry relevant to the hematology research mission of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). NIDDK invites investigator-initiated grant applications for basic or pre-clinical, proof of principle research projects that are tightly focused and directed at validating novel concepts and approaches that promise to open up new pathways for discovery. Research applications submitted under this FOA should be more limited in scope (a single central aim) and duration (1-3 years) than typical R01 grant applications.