Limited Competition - Stimulating Peripheral Activity to Relieve Conditions (SPARC): Comprehensive Functional Mapping of Neuroanatomy and Neurobiology of Organs (OT2)
- Posted Date: November 16, 2015
- Open Date (Earliest Submission Date): February 15, 2016
- Letter of Intent Due Date(s): Not Applicable
- Application Due Date(s): New and Resubmission applications are accepted on the date specified in the Invitation to Submit after successful competition of the corresponding OT1 application (See RFA-RM-15-003) and must be submitted by 5:00 PM local time of the applicant organization. Applications submitted after 5:00 PM local time of the applicant organization will automatically roll forward to the next due date, except for the last due date, for which no late applications will be accepted. Applicants are encouraged to apply early to allow adequate time to make any corrections to errors found in the application during the submission process by the due date.
- AIDS Application Due Date(s): Not Applicable
- Scientific Merit Review: Objective review will be conducted approximately six weeks following the applicable due date.
- Advisory Council Review: Not Applicable
- Earliest Start Date: The OT2 award is expected to begin approximately 3-6 months after submission of the OT2 application.
The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to invite applications (via limited competition) for SPARC Comprehensive Functional Mapping of Neuroanatomy and Neurobiology of Organs. These projects will comprehensively provide data for developing detailed, predictive functional and anatomical neural circuit maps for neural control of major functions of organs and their functionally-associated structures. Each project is to focus on a specific organ and the afferent and efferent innervation that controls function of the organ. Applications are only accepted after successful competition of the corresponding OT1 pre-application (See RFA-RM-15-003) and invitation to the applicant to submit the OT2 application.