- Posted Date: January 8, 2014
- Open Date (Earliest Submission Date): April 7, 2014
- Letter of Intent Due Date(s): Not Applicable
- Application Due Date(s): Not Applicable
- AIDS Application Due Date(s): Standard AIDS dates apply, by 5:00 PM local time of applicant organization Applicants are encouraged to apply early to allow adequate time to make any corrections to errors found in the application during the submission process by the due date.
- Scientific Merit Review: Standard dates apply
- Advisory Council Review: Standard dates apply
- Earliest Start Date: Standard dates apply
The purpose of this FOA is to provide continuing support for specific pathogen free (SPF) macaque colonies previously funded under the auspices of PAR-11-116 and PAR-11-115. SPF macaques are free of certain viruses that can compromise the results of AIDS-related investigations or that provide a risk to personnel who handle the animals. Applicants must provide plans for: a) maintaining the SPF colonies, minimally at current levels; b) distributing animals to AIDS researchers, with first priority to NIH-funded investigators; c) assaying for the presence of specific viruses; d) typing animals for specific major histocompatibility complex loci; and e) financing colony operations.