- Posted Date: May 16, 2017
- Open Date (Earliest Submission Date): September 5, 2017
- Letter of Intent Due Date(s): 30 days prior to the application due date
- Application Due Date(s): Standard dates apply, by 5:00 PM local time of applicant organization. All types of non-AIDS applications allowed for this funding opportunity announcement are due on these dates. Applicants are encouraged to apply early to allow adequate time to make any corrections to errors found in the application during the submission process by the due date.
- AIDS Application Due Date(s): Not applicable
- Scientific Merit Review/: Standard dates apply
- Advisory Council Review: Standard dates apply
- Earliest Start Date: Standard dates apply
The goal of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to efficiently use the existing cancer registry infrastructure by augmenting data already collected with additional information needed to understand health disparities among people diagnosed with cancer. Specifically, this FOA will support the study of factors influencing observed health disparities within the framework of population-based cancer registries by the inclusion of data not routinely collected by or linked to the registries. The studies should be hypothesis-driven and multidisciplinary approaches are encouraged. Investigators are encouraged to leverage the data already collected by the registries to investigate the determinates of health disparities. The goal of these analyses will be to understand why disparities in cancer treatment and outcomes persist by identifying factors contributing to disparities and their relative importance.