- Posted Date: October 19, 2016
- Open Date (Earliest Submission Date): MJanuary 5, 2017
- Letter of Intent Due Date(s): Not Applicable
- Application Due Date(s): Standard dates apply, by 5:00 PM local time of applicant organization. All types of non-AIDS applications allowed for this funding opportunity announcement are due on these dates. Applicants are encouraged to apply early to allow adequate time to make any corrections to errors found in the application during the submission process by the due date.
- AIDS Application Due Date(s): Standard AIDS dates apply by 5:00 PM local time of applicant organization. All types of AIDS and AIDS-related applications allowed for this funding opportunity announcement are due on these dates.
- Scientific Merit Review: Standard dates apply
- Advisory Council Review: Standard dates apply
- Earliest Start Date: Standard dates apply
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) invites research projects to improve understanding of the causes of high priority diseases in the United States and reducing/eliminating health disparities. Research is encouraged in the following high priority diseases within the scientific mission areas of the NIDDK: diabetes; obesity; nutrition-related disorders; hepatitis C; gallbladder disease; H. Pylori infection; sickle cell disease, specifically, studies in complications of sickle cell disease within the NIDDK mission areas; kidney diseases; urologic diseases; hematologic diseases, including studies in abnormal hemoglobin synthesis; metabolic diseases; gastrointestinal, hepatic, and renal complications from infection with HIV. Clinical trials are not permitted in response to this FOA.