- B.A., Yale University, 1977
- M.A., New York University, 1980
- Ph.D., New York University, 1982
- Post-doc, University of California, Irvine, 1982-1984
Stress and coping processes, and their influence on illness adjustment; social support processes as predictors of adjustment in the context of serious illness; dyadic coping (couples and caregivers); and gender as an influence on stress and coping processes.Courses and Outreach :
On the doctoral level:
Ethics for Research Psychologists
Psychosocial Determinants of Health Disparities
Psychological Measurement Theory
Health Psychology (242)
Psychosocial Determinants of Health Disparities (362)
- Baum, A., Revenson, T.A., & Singer, J.E. (Eds). (2012). Handbook of Health Psychology, 2nd edition. New York: Taylor & Francis.
- Stanton, A., Revenson, T.A., & Tennen, H. (2007). Health psychology: Psychological adjustment to chronic disease. Annual Review of Psychology, 58, 13.1-13.28.
- Lepore, S.J., & Revenson, T.A. (2007). Social constraints on disclosure and adjustment to cancer.
- Social and Personality Psychology Compass, 1 (1), 313–333. doi:10.1111/j.1751-9004.2007.00013.x
- Badr, H., Carmack, C.L., Kashy, D.A., Cristofanilli, M. & Revenson, T.A. (2010). Dyadic coping in metastatic breast cancer. Health Psychology, 29 (2), 169-180.
- Mermelstein, R.J., & Revenson, T.A. (2013). Applying theory across settings, behaviors and populations: Challenges and opportunities. Health Psychology, 32 (5), 592-596
- Facchin, F., Margola, D., Molgara, S., & Revenson, T.A. (2014). Effects of benefit-focused versus standard expressive writing on adolescents' self-concept during the high school transition. Journal of Research in Adolescence, 24 (1), 131-144.
Lectures and Poster Presentations
- Workshop held for the Department of Psychology, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan, Italy, May 12-13, 2014.
- Putting it in context: Age, gender and dyadic coping in chronic illness. Thurston Arthritis Center, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, April 30, 2014.
- Revenson, T.A., Rubin, L., Pervil, I.Z., Marín-Chollom, A.M., & Roberts, K. (2014, April). Challenges to maintaining adequate support among adults with hematologic malignancies. In G. Stadler (Chair), Challenges to Successful Psychosocial Adaptation to Hematologic Malignancies. Symposium submitted for the Annual Meeting of the Society for Behavioral Medicine, Philadelphia, PA.
- Travagin, G., Margola, D., & Revenson, T.A. (2014, April). Effectiveness of expressive writing interventions with adolescents: A meta-analysis and exploration of mechanisms. In C. Rini (Chair), New directions in expressive writing research. Symposium presented at the Annual Meeting of the Society for Behavioral Medicine, Philadelphia, PA.
- Starkey, L., & Revenson, T.A. (2014, March). Impact of socioeconomic mobility during early childhood: do early changes in SES predict changes in BMI? Paper presented at the Biennial Conference of the Society for Research in Human Development, Austin, TX.