The Genomics Facility houses a group of shared instruments used to analyze DNA, RNA, protein, and radiolabeled substances. All instruments are user-operated, but all users must first receive instruction on each instrument from the facility manager. Users must sign provided logs when using instruments; fees are collected for several of the facility instruments (to defray supply and service contract costs).
Office: 919B HN
Rules of Operation
- First-time users of any instrument must receive instruction from the Facility Manager.
- All users must sign the provided log books each time an instrument is used.
- Developer and Fixer chemicals for the Konica Minolta SRX-101A X-ray film Developer are replenished by the facility manager. Leave a message with facility manager (212-650-3429) if you encounter ANY problems. Do not leave film stuck in the processor without notifying the manager!
- The Principal Investigator of each lab will be responsible for his/her laboratory personnel.
- Report any problems to the manager as soon as possible.
Applied BioSystems 7500 Real-Time PCR System - $10/plate
Kodak X-Omatic 2000 Processor – standard fee of $50/quarter ($200/year)