The REACH (Research, Engagement, & Action for Community Health) Program is the new wing of the Hunter RCMI Program. The vision of the program is to create unique partnerships between researchers and community members in community engagement activities and initiatives, positioning them to be more impactful, more organic, and, most importantly, more accessible to the public.
To promote healthy communities by:
- Developing appropriate workshops and learning tools for researchers and lay community
- Preventing chronic diseases among vulnerable populations
- Addressing the social determinants that affect health equities
- Retaining and increasing the minority graduate students in the sciences
- Increase preventative health measures by providing health information and stimulating health awareness to youth, adolescents, adults, and the elderly
- Empower individuals to take responsibility for their own health
- Reduce health disparities and promote healthy lifestyle changes
- Promote lasting relationships between communities and professionals
Our diverse team of academic and health professionals represents various cultures and ethnicities who seek to improve the health of the next generation!
For more information, please contact Shirley Yi at sya0010 [@] hunter.cuny.edu.